1095 days until our country is saved

Just your usual political rantings.

Thursday, November 04, 2004

US Election

Fuck.

So the world is turning to the right. I disagree with nearly everything the right holds dear. I'm scared.

I'm scared the right will be in power forever, because people are terrified.

I'm scared what it means about our values and priorities. I'm scared that I will never again see a politician in power who I don't actively hate.

I need a time machine. Paul Davies said it's possible to build one, so let's get to it. I'm going to March 2009 (Look, I hate summer). See you then, when there might be a glimmer of sanity.

As an afterthought: Barack Obama would make the best US President ever. Pity he'll never have a chance on account of being black, but wow. He's incredible. I got a rush of excitement just seeing the possibilities. (Pity about the name though: To an Australian it sounds errily similar to Supporting Osama)

1 Comments:

At November 4, 2004 at 5:08 PM, Blogger Darp said...

Barak Obama is one of the greatest speakers I have heard in a long time. Unfortunately, with both houses under Republican control, I don't like his chances of doing anything substantial in his first term in the Senate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home