1095 days until our country is saved

Just your usual political rantings.

Saturday, October 23, 2004

What do *I* do now?

  1. Join a political party

    I've been tempted to get involved. At least if I'm doing something, I might feel a bit better. The trouble is that I can't decide which party. I agree with nearly all of The Greens policies, and Bob Brown is a bit of a hero of mine. But....as great as they are, really the only outcome I will ever even remotely be able to see is 15% of preferences and a balance of power. Then there's the ALP. I have strong issues with their stance on refugees, and really don't like their links with unions. On the other hand, how are we ever meant to change the political scene if we're not involved? If they keep Latham on, it's an option. The second they drop him, I will be out of there. He's won me over. I think he's a good strong charismatic leader.

    Then again, I could always join the Liberal party and bring them down from the inside *Grins*. ***

  2. Ask the Liberal voters I know to help

    "Hi, I really need to go to the doctors but I can't afford it since the party you voted for screwed up Medicare. Could you help out?"

    "Damn, I'm having a bit of trouble with my University fees. You wouldn't want me to have to drop out, would you? I've been studying really hard and this degree will help me get a job. You did vote for the Liberals, who caused all these fees"

    "Wahhh! Work is so stressful now that those new Industrial Relations laws have been bought in. Don't want to make you feel bad, but you voted for the Liberals, who have made my worklife a living hell. A back massage would be nice"

  3. Start the "The economy is failing and it's all the Liberals' fault" party.
  4. According to this, interest rates are going to go up, and we will have a recession. While that's bad news, we know that all Australians really care about is their money. And how better to ensure the Liberals enjoy a nice spell in Opposition than to remind them that their precious Peter Costello caused a nasty recession and interest rate rise? It would be very delicious. I would be willing to dress up as an Interest Rate and walk around the Bourke Street Mall. I've got three years to plan this.

  5. 4. Move to Canada
  6. It's an example of what Australia should be. Plus: it's colder. Whee!

    *** For the record, I do not condone sneaky tricks like this. I'm sure there are many nice people in the Liberal party. It's a pity none of them will ever run for parliament.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home